Tenancy agreement compliance is set to go up a few notches.
Under Section 13 of the RTA Amendment Act 2020:
- A tenancy agreement must be in writing, and
- The landlord must sign it before the tenancy commences, and
- The landlord must provide the tenant with a copy of the signed tenancy agreement even if only signed by the landlord.
A landlord or property manager can be liable for an:
- Infringement fee, ranging from $500-$2000
- Exemplary damages of up to $750
If you are using eBundle Pro and electronic signature, we can assure you that you have automatic compliance with Section 13.
When the agreement has been signed by all parties, the written, signed agreement is emailed automatically to the tenant.
So, can a verbal agreement still be binding? And what type of offers could be considered contracts? Watch the full snippet training in Total Tenancy.